The Private Afternoons of Pamela Mann - 2 Disc Set (1974)
Widely considered to be one of the greatest erotic films ever made, The Private Afternoons of Pamela Mann is the first hard core film made by legendary director Radley Metzger, under the alias Henry Paris.
Made in the golden era of porno chic and released in 1974, it was instantly acclaimed as a breakthrough achievement its witty screenplay, stunning cinematography, and expert direction showing for the first time that an adult film really could approach the level of a mainstream Hollywood film. Set in 1970s Manhattan, the plot follows a private detective (Eric Edwards) employed by Mr. Mann (Alan Marlow) to investigate the sexual infidelities of his wife, Pamela (Barbara Bourbon). Supporting roles are played by the cream of New York adult film stars including Jamie Gillis, Georgina Spelvin, Marc Stevens, Sonny Landham and Darby Lloyd Raines.
Digitally remastered from the original 35mm negative The Private Afternoons of Pamela Mann is presented here in its original uncut form for the first time since its original release. In addition Video-X-Pix is proud to present the most extensive selection of extras ever assembled for a film of this nature including the unreleased, never-before-seen cool version of the film, the first ever Henry Paris commentary recorded exclusively for this release, as well as interviews with cast members, featurettes, archival materials from the vaults of the director, and a color booklet revealing the behind-the-scenes story.
This 2 disc special Collectors edition of The Private Afternoons of Pamela Mann is a landmark release in the history of adult film, and a complete treasure for every serious collector of golden age erotica.
- Disc 1
- Brand New HD Transfer-HARD VERSION - Uncut (83 Min)
- Full Length Director Commentary with Radley Metzger aka Henry Paris
- Interview/Eric Edwards, shot in HD- "A True American Actor"(40 Min)
- Original Theatrical Trailer (6 min)
- Vintage Slide Gallery (Never Before Seen Slides from the Set of "Pamela")
- Disc 2
- Brand New HD Transfer- SOFT VERSION-Never before released (72 Min)
- Interview/Georgina Spelvin, shot in HD "The Legendary Georgina Spelvin"(40 Min)
- 'The Locations of Pamela Mann' - Documentary Mini Feature (7 Min)
- 'Metzger's Manhattan' - Documentary Mini Feature (7 Min)
- 'The Cutting Floor' - Documentary Mini Feature (9 Min)
- 2011 Pamela Mann Promo Trailer- SOFT CUT(3 Min)
- Ephemera Gallery of rare articles and promo art from the film
- 44 PAGE BOOK - " THE STORY OF A CLASSIC", with contributions by Benson Hurst(Film), Ian Culmell(Music), Lawrence Cohen(Analysis)
- 5 x 7 Photo Insert of Barbara Bourbon, limited to first 1000 copies.